Thanks to individual supporters just like you, disabled and vulnerable people are being supported in 59 countries affected by conflict, disaster and poverty, through 341 projects.
As well as our amazing donors, we also rely on the dedication of our 2,462 local staff around the world and more than 2,000 local, national and international partner organisations.
The difference we make together
Here is the number of people directly benefitting* from our work:
Basic needs (water, sanitation, shelter, livelihoods): 236, 071
Action against landmines and explosive remnants of war: 618,086
* 2015 figures. People may be counted more than once if they have directly benefitted from more than one service or activity. Data don't take into account all Handicap International's activities.
Who we help
Our actions focus on the most vulnerable groups in the poorest countries of the world. Your support will directly impact:
- People with disabilities
- Other vulnerable populations, such as injured people, isolated children, and older people
- People exposed to the danger of weapons during armed conflicts and in post-conflict situations
- Refugees and people displaced by crises, conflicts and disasters
- People at risk of disease, violence and disabling accidents
Areas of action
Find out more about the issues we work on:
These are just some of the specialist roles that make up our dedicated teams:
- Prosthetic and Orthotic technicians
- Occupational therapist
- Speech therapist
- Deminer (weapons clearance expert)
- Social worker
- Disability rights campaigner
- Logistics manager
Handicap International Federation Annual Report
For more information about our global activities please download our Federation Annual Report:
► Handicap International Federation 2015 Annual Report (PDF, 2.65 Mb).